Contacts and access
Reception phone : +33 (0) 4 26 73 13 00
Fax:+33 (0) 4 26 73 13 70
Institut de Génomique Fonctionnelle de Lyon
ENS de Lyon - CNRS UMR 5242 - INRAE USC 1370
46, allée d'Italie
69364 Lyon cedex 07
32-34 avenue Tony Garnier
29 rue Alexander Fleming
Access and Map
How to get IGFL :
The Institut Génomique de Lyon is located within Gerland in Lyon’s 7th district and the exact address is 32-34 avenue Tony Garnier 69007 Lyon. It is in the near vicinity of the Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon Monod Campus (46 allée d'Italie 69364 Lyon cedex 07), which houses the Biology Department and Teaching facilities. The CSI (Lyon Cité Scolaire Internationale), Bioaster and the Institut Pasteur (name of the closest tcl bus stop) are located near the institute. The IGFL is not located on the ENS campus per se!
For quick, intra Lyon access to the IGFL, take the B metro line (blue line) in the 'Gare d'Oullins' direction and disembark at 'Stade de Gerland'. Head north on Tony Garnier Avenue to the IGFL (do not head towards the stadium, it's the other way, you will pass a Total gas station on your left).
- If you are arriving from Lyon-Saint-Exupéry airport: take the RhôneExpress tram which is clearly signposted from the airport until 'Gare Part-Dieu' (train station). You can buy tickets from the machines on the platform for 14,70€ or on board (an additional 4€!). The tram terminus is Part Dieu rue de la Villette. This entrance is located opposite the subway ('le métro') entrance. You have to cross the station following signs for 'Metro B' or 'Sortie Boulevard Vivier-Merle' to get to the subway entrance (stair and escalator access to metro is located outside of train station) and see below for metro access via Line B.
- If you arrive at the 'Gare Part-Dieu' train station, follow signs for 'Metro' or 'Sortie Place Béraudier' (previously Boulevard Vivier-Merle) to get to the subway entrance (stair and escalator access to metro is located outside of train station)
- If you arrive at the 'Perrache' train station: take the T1 tram in the Debourg direction and disembark at stop Halle Tony Garnier. From there head southwards along Avenue Tony Garnier (<10 minutes walk) to the IGFL or along Jonas Salk street (<8 minutes walk). You can also take the number 60 bus from Perrache to 'Institut Pasteur' stop (Feyzin les Razes direction) if you prefer to minimise walking distance.
- If you arrive at 'Jean Macé' train station: take the B line ( http://www.tcl.fr/) in the 'Gare d'Oullins' direction and disembark at 'Stade de Gerland' (and see note in bold above).
- If you are taking the 60 bus from Stade de Gerland (it's faster to walk most of the time) to the IGFL, the bus direction is Perrache and disembark at 'Institut Pasteur' which is opposite the IGFL (2 stops).
- Other buses that have stops in the vicinity of the IGFL include the C22 and C7.
You can buy a single trip tcl ticket (€1,80 from a machine, or 2€ on a bus). The ticket machines are located next to turnstiles in the subway system and they accept coins or credit cards (chip and pin), not bank notes. You can also purchase a booklet of 10 tickets, tickets that are good for unlimited travel all day, 2h unlimited travel tickets and cheaper rate tickets for unlimited travel after 7pm (see www.tcl.fr/Tarifs/Tickets for detail).
For information: The nearest stop to the Monod campus main entrance is "ENS de Lyon" (T1 tram) and the nearest stop to the Descartes campus main entrance is "Debourg" (T1 tram or metro stops).
Refer to the maps below:
IGFL on Google map